- Arkansas became a state on Wednesday, June 15, 1836 ~ the 25th State!
- The state flower is the Apple blossom (great choice in my opinion!)
- The state tree is the Pine
- The state bird is the Mockingbird
- Arkansas is called "The Natural State". The scenic beauty of Arkansas makes it so tourism is a big factor in the state's economy.
- The honey bee is the official state insect.
- Some names you might recognize from Arkansas are: President Bill Clinton, Mike Huckabee and Johny Cash.
- The first Wal-mart was in Arkansas
- Arkansas is #1 in rice and poultry production.
- Arkansas is one of the few diamond producing states and the only place in the world with a public diamond mine.
Something we enjoyed eating was the Chicken Fajita Salad. They suggested tortilla chips on the side so I made my own.
Did you know that Arkansas in the only state to pass a resolution on the right way to say its name? ( By the way it is "Ark-an-saw")
What do you know and like about Arkansas?