Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fair booths

The reason that I haven't been blogging much lately is because the county fair was this past Thursday through today. We entered a bunch of stuff at the fair (which I have blogged about a fair amount) but we also had other things to do for the fair that kept us very busy!

Ken and I were basically in charge of putting together the Republican booth for the fair. We were needing a whole new display. This past Sunday, Ken with help from his dad and Jonathan (pictured above) put together the frame. Then my job was to get material, cut it and sew it to size, cut out letters for the sign, glue them on and then staple all the fabric to the frame. Our finished product looked like this: (Sorry the lighting isn't the best)
I also got fabric to use for the table cloth and then we pinned on the red, white and blue swags. An local artist volunteered to do the drawings of local and national candidates. It was a fun project to work on.


We also stayed quite busy because Ken had a booth at the fair. That meant that when the fair was open that Ken needed to be there. He also requested my help part of the time. I was there Thursday and Friday from 4-9 and Saturday from 3-7:30. It was a blessing that my parents were able to take care of the kids. They even took them all around the fair on Thursday night.

Anyway that is some of what we have been doing this past week.

5 comments:

Martha said...

your booths look nice. I think the drawings really are cool.

Anonymous said...

The Republican booth really looks nice! Was it a fun week? Anna

Nancy McCarroll said...

Lots of work; good for you!! Pretty flowers the children gave you.

Abbi said...

Thank you! It was a fun week, but also very tiring and I am glad it is over.

BlessedMama said...

What a great booth you put together and congratulations on all the ribbons!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin