It took a little time to get in the grove but now I use it almost every day ( and every time that I make something using flour). Some of the reasons I like using a grain grinder are:
- It is cheaper to buy whole grains than whole wheat flour, so I save money by grinding my own. (Grain mills are expensive -which is why I am very thank-ful that we were given one- but I think over time the money you save would pay for it.)
- Freshly ground flour has more vitamins in it than flour that has sat around. Also whole grain flours can go stale quickly so it is good to use freshly ground flour. (If you can't grind your own just now, it would be good if you store your flour in the freezer.)
- Having my own grinder makes me use whole grains a lot more which is way better for our health.
There are many benifits to eating whole grains, some of them are:
- It helps to lower your risk of stroke, diabetes, colorectal cancer and heart disease.
- It keeps you regular
- It tastes good.
- It helps you stay full longer and keeps you thinner.