Saturday, December 20, 2008

10 Happy Years!

This week Ken and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. 10 years finally seems like we are getting somewhere :-). I don't think we are newlyweds any more. Thinking on our marriage makes me so thankful that God designed it so Adam would have "a helper suitable for him". And He didn't stop with just Adam and Eve but He planned it so that throughout the years one man and one woman could join together to make something much stronger than they would have been on their own.

I know I am thankful for Ken for how He completes me in so many, many ways and I think he feels the same way. We enjoy a pretty traditional home life where we each have our different strengths but they work together so that life goes quite smoothly and happily. I am thankful that God lets each couple work things out in a way that best suits their personalities and preferences as long as they follow the guidelines that the husband is to be the leader in the home, loving his wife like Christ loves the church and that the wife is to submit to and respect her husband.

I thought I would list a few of the ways that Ken and I complement each other as I think it displays how wise God was in planning marriage the way he did. Also just because we do things the way we do doesn't mean it is the "Right way", it is just the right way for us- not necessarily anybody else. I know of families where the husband does the majority of the cooking, it always surprises me to hear of it as that is certainly not the way it is in our house, but I think it is cool that some men do like to do that. Anyway, back to what I was saying....

  • Ken does a wonderful job of making and keeping up a budget. ~ I love to figure out creative ways to save money.
  • Ken works very hard at his job and provides for us very well. ~ I very much enjoying staying home and taking care of our children and managing the house.
  • Ken tills the garden. ~ I plant it and care for it.
  • Ken takes care of the vehicles, making sure they are maintained properly and getting different ones when needed. ~ I wash and mend our clothes.
  • Ken does the building and fixing of things around the house. ~ I cook our food and clean.
  • Ken can carry on a very intelligent conversation on many subjects (when I tend to bumble around at times). ~ I take care of the social small talk (which Ken doesn't enjoy to much).

I don't know how to tell all the ways that just work out so much better because we get to work at them together rather than trying to do them all by ourselves. I feel very blessed to be married to my husband and am so very thankful that God designed marriage the way He did!

"For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh." Genesis 2:24

8 comments:

Paul Barber said...

Congratulations to you!! I hope you do something special together for your day!!

Can you send me your email - mine is twolittlespies@verizon.net
I have some pictures for you but I am not sure how to get them to you except by email - that I have figured out! ( : Thank you and have a great day! We won't have church today because of the snowstorms we have gotten in the last day and a half and to be continued all day today!! We are loving it!!

In The Potter's Hands said...

Well said Abbi! Congratulations on 10 wonderful years of marriage!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you guys. I heard it keeps getting better and better as the years go by. Hope you guys have fun celebrating. Happy Anniversary!!
Tanager

Bridgett said...

Congratulations! You are right, marriage is wonderful the way God designed it.

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary to the both of you! I hope you all have a great time and celebrate your anniversary! God bless you both! BTW we won't be coming up this year... read my blog for more details as to why. Anywho.. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

great post. So well said. Love Anna

Amy said...

Happy anniversary! 10 years, what an accomplishment.

Abbi said...

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin