Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Tour of Homes

BooMamaChristmasTour

I thought it would be fun to join in on the Christmas Tour of Homes. I think it is fun to decorate (even though we aren't that elaborate or anything like that) and it is always fun to post about what we have been doing. Decorating has been quite fun this year, the kids have really started enjoying having the house all pretty and ready for Christmas and they get excited about any new decorations that I add and they love to help as well. It is also fun to get something new done while Ken is off to work and see him notice it upon arrival.

So welcome to the Internet tour of my home! :-)
This picture isn't of decorations! It is just me mixing up some Oatmeal Raisin Scones. If you are "coming to visit" we need to have something homemade and yummy to eat.
First before you get to my house you will see the mailbox. I had fun putting greenery and bows on that this year. On our door I hung a wreath and put garland and bows on the bench. On both lights I also put bows. I don't have any night pictures yet but if you come then you will have fun looking at all of Ken's creativity with the outside lights. The kids think it looks like a gingerbread house.












In the entry was we have a container of greenery (with a snowman or so nestled in) sitting on the table. I also had fun giving new life to old dried roses by adding some fresh evergreen.

Upstairs in the living room I had fun filling the top of the piano with real evergreen and all sizes of pine cones along with plants and violins (large and miniature). I also added greens to the wall sconces which have long ribbons as well.
We also hung up stockings and added garland and bows on the windows.



Here is our dining room on just a normal day. The kids are having fun watching the numbers burn off the special Christmas candles given us by a friend.

I already had a copper heart hanging on the wall but I think it looks much prettier now with the addition of evergreen and a burgundy bow.


I had some pretty purple ribbons that I had been given so I decided it would be fun to use purple in the decorating of our bedroom and master bath. I added the evergreen, pine cones and ribbon to the fabric swag above our bed. In the Bathroom I put evergreen and pine cones above the vanity and then tied a purple bow on each of the lights. (I really like the way the bathroom turned out but couldn't get a very good picture.) I also put some woodsy decorations in the windowsill.
Thanks for visiting! Would you like some tea or hot chocolate while we chat some more?

5 comments:

Martha said...

Tea does sound good, thank you.
It's no fare that you can go out in your back yard a get lots of nice evergreens! I was temped to get some form the near by woods but wasn't sure people would approve! Everything looks nice.

LindaSue said...

What charming decorations! I love all the greenery and pine cones - thank you for your gracious tour --I'd stay for tea but fear we'd chat too long and I couldn't get on to some of the other lovely homes. Bless you and Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I'm sort of lurking on this tour for the joy of it but wanted to leave a comment and say how much the whole idea of this whole community of bloggers pulling off a virtual tour of this magnitude for the enjoyment of others is just astounding. Wow, thanks for sharing. God bless.
Kay

Anonymous said...

Oh yumm! I love scones - thank you! I love all the greenery and pinecones you used. Thanks so much for the tour!

Manuela

Amy said...

Everything looks great! Thanks for the tour!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin