Sunday, February 26, 2012

In God I have put my trust

 One day last week I was feeling extremely tired and my head was beginning to ache when I was doing my morning devotions. The day wasn't looking overly promising with that sort of beginning but I think God had planned just what chapter in the Bible I would be reading that day.

  The Bible is applicable to everyone in every circumstance and it certainly can encourage when you are feeling down!

I read Psalms chapter 55 and verse 22 jumped out at me:

 "Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you: He will never allow the righteous to be shaken."

  No matter what is going on in your life (and it may be a whole lot worse than feeling tired and getting a headache) God is willing to take your burden and care for you. Trust Him in that.

I happened to glance over the next couple of chapters and I noticed the verses they had underlined- they were also very encouraging ones so I will also share them with you.

 "When I am afraid,  I will trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me? Psalms 56:3 & 4

"I will cry to God Most High, To God who accomplishes all things for me." Psalms 57:2

God is always there- through good times and bad, in joy and in sorrow- He is there! Seek Him.

1 comment:

Clint Baker said...

Amen! He is always there with us, that's what Psalm 23 is all about. Thanks for sharing.

http://theredeemedgardener.blogspot.com/2012/02/veggie-seed-give-away.html

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin