Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Eager to garden

 Though we are still two months away from normal garden planting time in our area we have been thinking about gardening lately. The snow is all gone, the weather has been pretty warm and our garden seems to be calling.

  Though I know better than to plant much of our garden I have heard that it is good to get peas and lettuce in early- even before the last snow is good. We easily could have another snow- we normally do get some snow in April- and so I have been wanting to get the peas and lettuce in the ground.

  Ken doesn't have time at the moment to till to the whole garden but the boys were wanting to do something with the garden so I suggested that they get the spot for the peas and lettuce ready. They were quite eager to do that. A couple of days ago armed with shovel and hoe the went to work to get the ground all ready for planting. We haven't gotten the seeds planted yet but I am hoping that maybe we can get that done today.
I am very grateful to God for:
  • Boys who are eager to help.
  • A place to plant a garden.
  • The fun Spring weather that we have been having.
Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

3 comments:

Amy said...

It's been warm here, too, and I can't wait to start!

Amy said...

It's been warm here, too, and I can't wait to start!

Clint Baker said...

The garden is a great please to teach and learn about God and His creations! I think there may even be an old hymn about that, lol!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin