Sunday, March 4, 2012

Stand Firm

 This weekend we had a wonderful time having a Retreat/Rally at our church with out of town people coming to join us. We had a wonderful time fellowshiping with other Christians as well as listening to messages from Dale and Bob Blanshan (Father and Son, who are friends of ours).

  The theme of the Rally was Stability in Unstable Times and the theme verse was:

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm, let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, for you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58.

 This verse has long been a favorite of mine. I find it encouraging as I strive to follow God. I love also the promise that God gives us in this verse- when we labor in the Lord- it is not in vain. There are many things we can labor in that can sometimes it is in vain. I have done things like planting fruit trees that just end up dieing. I have also worked on political campaigns and the person ends up losing. Things like that just happen in life but when we do things for God what we do will not be in vain!
The first night Bob had a bunch of object lessons and games that illustrated stability.

  I haven't been a very regular blogger lately- life has been very full lately. The week before last we helped with hosting the homeless at our church for a week (and during that I experienced one of the most interesting Wednesday night services as one of the homeless women laid up in the front corner of the church building - next to where I played piano and sat- and slept through the service, snoring very loudly.), and then my Grandma passed away and we traveled to Iowa for her funeral and had a really neat time with all our family while staying at the home of some christian friends, then we came home to helping out with a church rally and hosting 3 families of out of town guests in our home. We have had simply wonderful times of fellowship but it has kept me a little busy. We still have one family staying with us for a couple of days and also my sister and children are in town currently. We are blessed. I will be blogging more regularly Lord willing when life gets back to normal.

1 comment:

Clint Baker said...

Our sermon was along the same line! Interesting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin