Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rethinking life....


2 sweet kids who had snuggled up next to me on the couch while I was sick.

Yesterday we attended a funeral. A friend's husband had passed away unexpectedly last week at the age of 73. This has been a year of funerals for us as a freind from our Republican group died of cancer at the age of 64 in January. My cousin (30, I believe) passed away from Cancer just shortly after (though I did not attend that funeral as it was in another state) and then my Grandma went to be with her Lord in February.

   Though I am happy that these loved ones can be free from their pain- death is still sobering. We get reminded that death can come at any time and just how very important it is to be ready for it! What a peace there is when you know that the person is ready! And what peace you can have if you know that you are ready!

  With nearly two weeks of our family being sick around here we have had quite a lot of thinking time. A time to consider what is really truly important in life.

  My conclusions (which are that I have a strong relationship with God and people)  aren't really any different than they ever were  but the reminders of death and sickness are good for realizing maybe I should do some reprioritizing.

Here are some of the things that I want to pay more attention to....

~Praising God in every single situation. No matter how I feel!
~Choosing people over things.
~Taking the time to read an extra story or just sit and cuddle on the couch.
~Being alert to sharing God's love in every situation.
~Not pressuring myself to get things done in a certian time with blogging. I had made a list of things I wanted to post about on here back in January and since then I have allowed that list to pressure me.  That is over. I still will try to do what I can but when life gets terribly hectic I am not going to feel pressured to get a project made or make myself post when I just don't feel like it.

 I hope I can be more the person that God wants me to be!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin