Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Joyful Heart


 "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22

Last Monday I was quite sick and some of the kids weren't feeling very good either but somehow by the grace of God we were able to have a good day anyway. It was a day of fever's, achiness and weariness but we laughed anyway. We laughed about the stupid dreams you have when you are sick, we laughed over the weak trying to help the other weak, we laughed about the crazy home remedies that we were trying, we just laughed whenever something seemed even slightly funny.

 As my Great-Grandma used to say (at least according to my Mother) "You might as well laugh as cry."

  I am so very grateful for the gift of Joy that God has given us. It is so nice to be able to find humor in the hard times. Sometimes joy comes easily and sometimes we need to choose it and I admit that I am not always perfect at doing that but I want to be!

 So this week I encourage you to choose Joy! I'll be right there with you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good posts, Abbi. mom

Tonya Gunn said...

Hi Abbi,
Yes, isn't it wonderful to know we can always choose joy... no matter how sad, crazy or busy things get.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin