Disclaimer: When I say free it doesn't mean that it didn't cost somebody something. Also I may list various activities that are free to me because I already own the equipment needed but if you don't than it wouldn't be free to you - just skip those. Some things that might be listed might not be truly free (like inviting your neighbor to join you for supper) but really aren't going to cost much more than you would already be paying.
Five Fun things to do for Free
- Go sledding. If you don't own sleds try using a piece of cardboard (you can fold up the front to make it work better) or just put on snowpants and slide on your bottom. Other ideas are old intertubes, a laundry basket, a worn out baby pool (or pieces of it) or lids to plastic totes. If you don't have snow.... I'm sorry.
- Go to the library and stock up on books.
- Go to church. Check out more than just Sunday morning. What Bible studies are there to attend?
- Make some cards from old cards, colored paper, magazine pictures and whatever you can find around the house and then send or give them to special people in your life and brighten their day.
- Eat by candlelight. This could be a romantic evening with your spouse or a fun time with the whole family. If all your candles are down to stubs than turn them into new candles first.
Learn for Free
- MusicTheory.net is a neat site with online activities to help you learn and practice music theory.
- Learn American Sign Language. We worked on this a lot a year or so ago but have neglected it for a while. I hope to work on it again this year. This website has a lot of info to help you learn.
- Do you know somebody who has a skill you would like to learn? Can you offer to help them with it in some way (be it rug making, wood working, floral design, making lefse) in exchange for them teaching you? I know many people who are willing to teach others.
Read for Free (on your Kindle or possibly other devices)
Here are some e-books that I found that are currently free that I thought looked interesting:
Here is a favorite of mine: