Friday, January 27, 2017

Freebie Friday


Thanks for joining me as we celebrate some of the blessings in life that are free!

Five Fun things to do for Free
  1. Practice an Instrument. I think a large amount of people played an instrument (maybe violin in school, you took piano lessons as a child, you played the clarinet in highschool band or maybe you only learned the recorder) at some point in their life. Unfortunately when we hit adulthood (or maybe even before) we stop finding the time to play that instrument. I understand. I teach private music lessons and so I see students but I also see me. I am tired at the end of a busy day and going and reading blogs sounds more fun many times that practicing one of my instruments. However - when I make myself do it I can end up playing for a long time. I love it. The more often you play the more you will enjoy it. My family always seems to enjoy hearing me practice too so that is an extra bonus. Just because you have a busy life - don't give up on music. Have fun with it! :-) I am super curious by the way - do (or did) any of you play an instrument? Which one(s)? I would love to know!
  2. Plan and cook a "fancy" meal for supper. Try a new recipe or two. Serve it on your fancy dishes. Get your kids involved in the preparation. Add some candles to the table. Have fun!
  3. Have "movie" night with a movie your already own or one you can get for free on Netflix or Amazon or Youtube. Pop some popcorn and cuddle up on the couch.
  4. Look through old photo albums with the kids. Tell them stories about your childhood or early married life or when they were little. Those are wonderful times!
  5. Make an ice sculpture or so. You can use them to decorate outside in the winter or for a special event inside. Look around your house for possible molds - buckets, bowls, shaped cake pans, shaped ice cube trays, totes, jello molds, etc. Fill most of the way with water which you can add food coloring to if you like and then stick them outside or in the freezer to freeze. If you want to make an ice bowl you will need two bowls where one can fit inside the other with an inch or two between them. Tape them together at the top and fill with water between and then freeze. You can combine different chunks of ice together to make your sculpture.


If you want to stick on shaped ice cubes, just get them a little wet on the back and they will stick on just fine.

Learn for Free




The BEST FREE Gift!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.  For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:8-10

Have you been enjoying any freebies lately?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin