This post is about celebrating the many wonderful things in life that don't require going out and spending money.
Five Fun things to do for Free
- Play music.
- Make a rag rug. Maybe not everybody finds that super fun but I sure do! :-)
- Take a walk and take pictures of beautiful things that you see. Be observant and creative in your picture taking. Beauty can be found pretty much everywhere.
- Invite a friend over for tea or coffee and a chat.
- Go watch a robotics tournament. Or have your child get involved with robotics. It is pretty interesting and generally sponsored by businesses so that makes it pretty much free for the kids. Also it doesn't cost to go watch. The picture below is an old one of Jonathan's team but they are busy working on their robot again and we will be heading to the state competition in a couple of weeks.
Learn for Free
- How to make ribbon roses. Megan and I were working on some decorations for a friends wedding and so I watched this video as a reminder of how to make ribbon roses. I love Youtube videos for learning things like that!
- Veritasium is a Youtube channel that the kids and I have enjoyed watching quite a few science videos on. He does a lot of neat experiments and checks out interesting things. I don't say that I agree with everything (I don't really know his world view) and we haven't watched nearly all the videos but much of what we have watched has been good.
- BookBub has been a source for a lot of my free Kindle books. I have to weed through a lot that I don't want too but still I have found some good ones.
- "In His Steps" by Charles Sheldon
Listen for Free
This song by Joey and Rory reminds me that I still have a giveaway of their DVD going on for another 24 hours. You can enter it here.
- A listening Ear
- A homemade gift using materials that you already have. I shared about 3 gifts we made for babies in yesterday's post.
- A encouraging and newsy e-mail.
Things to Print for Free
The BEST FREE Gift!
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Disclaimer: When I say free it doesn't mean that it didn't cost somebody something. Also I may list various activities that are free to me because I already own the equipment needed but if you don't than it wouldn't be free to you - just skip those. Some things that might be listed might not be truly free (like inviting your neighbor to join you for supper) but really aren't going to cost much more than you would already be paying.