Saturday, January 14, 2017

This Week in Pictures

 A few views from this week....
The wood stash in our garage attic. This is from a tree that we had to cut down to build our house and then my Dad took it to his place and we helped him cut it up in his sawmill and then plane the boards. We are enjoying using them to make projects. I hope to share a couple projects with you very soon - my desk and this one that Jonathan is working on below.
 Can you guess what we made?
 Mom recently sent over some baseball stuff that she found at her house. Aaron is quite sure that they are antiques and that we should put them on special display. :-)
 Megan found this glove especially intriguing.
 I tried planting wheat grass for our rabbit (which she loved!) but am just enjoying it as a potted plant as well. I also did some reading on it and think we might try eating it too. I also think I might use it for decorating at the Bridal show in a little over a week (I started some more for that).

 I am working on a couple of new memory verses and so I wrote them out and put them so that I can see them when I do dishes. It is a wonderful time to review.
 I am dealing with a cold today and Mara thought that a walk would help me feel better. So out we headed.
The girls and I with our faithful Kitchi went down the river a ways on the ice. It was lovely out.

What was your week like?

8 comments:

Jodie said...

I once ate Wheatgrass and ended up with terrible....let's just say....terrible bathroom experience lol. Just be ware!

Abbi said...

Thanks for the warning! :-)

Cheryl said...

Oh, the snow looks so inviting!! Ours has all melted away...it made me sad! So sorry to hear you have a cold and hope you feel much better soon!

Abbi said...

Up here we usually have snow all winter long - which I like. This week however higher temperatures are predicted that could do a little melting but I don't think it could ever do all of it. We had negative 30 on Friday morning and now this week it is predicted to have temperatures above freezing. Quite the change!

Thanks for the get well wishes. I am feeling some better. This has been the worst cold I have had for quite some time.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying you get better soon.

God bless.

Abbi said...

Thanks so much! I am doing better today but still have a cold.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Love hearing about your week! We would love to make boards out of all our wood on our place too. How awesome that your dad has a mill that you could use! Looks like your son was building a plane with the wood? Great fun to do things like this in winter. I haven't made my own wheatgrass, sounds interesting. Warning taken from your friend above as well. Hope you get to feeling better! We too have had a long stretch of minus temps, and now it is warming up to 30s with ice/snow mix coming down, a good day to stay home, lol! Hugs to you today :)

Abbi said...

A plane is a good guess - especially as that is something that Jonathan has enjoyed making quite a few of in the past but that is not correct this time. He is working on a rocking horse that we made for my nephew.

We are having similar temperatures to yours but thankfully are skipping the freezing rain sort of stuff. It has been beautifully warm and sunny this week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin