Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Seeking To Simplify

I read a post this week that really got me to thinking. It is titled how Minimalism is Biblical by Allie Casazza. I am tempted to tell you all about the post but it makes more sense for you just to go read it yourself. :-)

She does quote this verse (among others)
"And He said to them, “Take care, be on your guard against all covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."
— Luke 12:15

After reading her post I also started thinking about and noticing other verses of this nature. This is something I am going to study into more. 

So if you want some encouragement in getting ridding some clutter in your house I encourage you to go check out her blog (I have only just found it and read on it a little - but I enjoyed what I did read).

 Working on my simplifying goals went pretty well this past week. Some days I didn't get them all done but then I worked and caught up on other days so I did manage to declutter an area all 5 days, to go through 5 or more photo files per weekday and I decluttered a total of 41 items. Again I didn't get anything sold BUT I did take pictures and list an item on Craigslist so at least I did try. :-)

How is simplifying going at your house? What are you especially working on? What is your motivation for simplifying?

3 comments:

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Seeking to simplify is a journey that the Lord has had me on for quite some time. The less "things" we have, the less attachments we have to this world, and our hope for heaven grows. I do so love dear Cheryl's blog, and the wonderful encouragement that she always shares and blesses her readers with!

Blessings and hugs to you today dear friend!

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

I look forward to reading what you shared. Good work!

Abbi said...

Thanks to both of you for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin