- Last night Ken and I went out on a date. That isn't something we do very often and it was really quite a lot of fun. (mostly I like just doing things as a family but dates are good sometimes too.) We went out to eat, went to Home Depot and dreamed about new flooring for our upstairs and went to a BSU hockey game which they won which caused them to win the championship. Yea! Meanwhile the kids were having fun at home with Lori a very capable child tender. A date is a fun way to get rid of the blues.
- Today was church which is always wonderful for encouragement and helping me to get life in focus. Delbert had a good sermon today about getting rid of the weights in our life which was edifying.
- After church Mathew and Emily on the spur of the moment invited a bunch of us to come over for lunch and games. That was great fun! Thanks Mathew and Emily!
- At church tonight we had our prayer time. Time spent sharing with others and then giving all your cares to God is one of the best ways to get rid of discouragement.
- After church Emily, Mathew and I were able to have a good conversation concerning some of the things I had been discouraged about and then figure out some things we could do about it. Friends and a plan of action help a lot!!
- And then I remembered this cool verse that Keren had posted quite a while ago accompanied by the funniest picture and thinking of it at any time helps to get rid of the blues! I will share the verse below but make sure to check out Keren's picture.
"Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul?
Why are you crying the blues?
Fix my eyes on God-
soon I'll be praising again.
He puts a smile on my face.
He's my God.
Psalm 43:5 (the message)