- You kneel down to scrub the tub or do some weeding and suddenly find yourself being rode like a horse.
- You hear the front door open and go check who went out and find that your 2 year is walking down the drive -stark naked.
- When being kissed it feels quite a lot more like a lick or even a spit, but it is still very sweet because it is coming from your 2 year old.
- You find out that your 4 year old thinks you were 50, 20 years ago.
- Your kids go out to play in the yard and a bit later your son comes in to tell you that your "baby" is up in a tree and sure enough she is, higher than your head.
- You get to meet a lot of strangers since your oldest child is extremely outgoing and tries to strike up a conversation with everyone we pass in the parking lot, store or any public place.
- You fold a bunch of clothes and your youngest takes off with a pile "to help put them away" and you find them later in the dirty clothes hamper.
- Your kids go up front at church to sing a special number or something like that and you find your face growing red as they decide to either face the other direction while they sing or lift up their shirt out of self-consciousness.
- You get to watch your 6 year old go so close to the edge of the roof that it scares you to pieces but then feel the pride when you see him "working like a man".
- You watch your 2 year old giving her babies shoulder back rides "just like you" and grin as you see the doll hanging down her back hanging by it's feet.
- You get to hear your 4 yr. old ask someone who is not a christian, "Don't you want to go to heaven?" and then hear all of your kids chime in to explain the why you should and how you can.
- You are impressed by just how much a child can learn in such a short time, and that they can know all about things you never knew.
- You get impressed by the generosity and caring of children as your son wants to take cookies to his aunt who just got back from a trip (even though there wouldn't be enough for him then) and then hear as he plans to welcome her with a hug too.
- You get to hear your 2 year old say "I lub you" for the first time.
There are lots of scary times, awkward times, irritating times to being a mother, but I sure wouldn't ever voluntarily choose not to be a mother. I feel so blessed by God to have 4 precious lives that I get to watch grow and help to mold. Our children are a huge source of joy and laughter in our home!
"At that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever receives one such child in My name receive Me; but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea." Matthew 18:1-6