"The end of all things is near;
therefore be of sound judgement and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer.
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another,
because love covers a multitude of sins.
Be hospitable to one another without complaint.
As each one has received a special gift,
employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God;
whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies;
so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ,
to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever.
1 Peter 4:7-11
This verse just seems to speak quite directly to me and remind me what is important in life. The reminder that we need to always be ready for the end of this world and what we should be doing in the meantime.
We need to focus on......
- Prayer. Is this a real and active part of your day? Are you and I living lives filled with prayer? We need to keep the communication open in our relationship with God.
- Love for one another. Love comes naturally sometimes and other times it is not at all natural - that is when we need to use the strength God supplies to keep loving anyway.
- Hospitality. The love of strangers - reaching out to others and sharing with them even though it might feel uncomfortable or strange.
- Serving others. It is easy to get caught up in our own needs and wants but that is not what God wants for us.
- Above all - Glorifying Jesus Christ! Giving thanks to Him in all things and giving Him the worship that He deserves.
I hope you will join with me this week in seeking to put these words to action in our lives.