Here are some of the decisions that we have been making this week:
- Where all the outlets, switches and light fixtures are going. And how many. We are trying to think of everything - but you wonder if you really did.
- Where all of the plumbing things need to go - like outside spigots, the height of shower heads, and then dealing with figuring out things that needed to be changed because of how the plumbing would be running and things that weren't fitting.
- What sort of shower that we wanted - after we found out that what we had planned on wasn't available. I guess we are going to put in a tile one. We are going to try to do it ourselves so if you have any tips they would be appreciated!
- Where all the cultured stone should go on the outside of our house (as it seems we ordered more than we need for the areas that we planned on putting).
- What sort of bathroom vanities and medicine cabinets that we wanted.
- What sinks we want.
- What light fixtures that we want.
- Continued discussion and research on countertops. I would like slate countertops but our cabinet man (and every other cabinet maker in our area) is unfamiliar with using it and nervous about it. If any of you have experience with slate countertops I would love to hear your thoughts!
- Whether to have a doorbell or not.
- What tile we want.
- What wood flooring that we want.
- Trim color.
- What doors we are getting.
I think that there have actually been quite a lot more than that - but that gives you an idea. We had researched some of these things earlier and thought about them but we hadn't actually made a lot of the decisions and suddenly it needs to be made now.
As always I love to hear your tips or thoughts on what makes a great house and what you have really liked or disliked about your home.