Friday, November 9, 2007

Frugal French Fries



Last night I made French Fries for our supper. This is something that I have just started making but we all like them a lot so I thought that I would share them with you. They are very cheap to make, are healthy and easy!


To make them I: Scrub the potatoes very well (however many you think your family will eat) and then slice them in about 3/8 inch wide slices, then cut the slices into strips that are about 3/8 inches wide. Put them all in a bowl and put around 1 tablespoon oil over them and sprinkle liberally with a seasoning salt (we love Spike, which has some salt and lots of herbs). Stir them up until there is a little oil on the potato strips and then put them on a shallow pan and bake them at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes or until soft. When I am running short on time I put them in the microwave to finish the baking. We then eat them! We like them dipped in Ketchup. Ken really really liked them and I was very pleased as he doesn't usually like potatoes with skins.
I hope you also enjoy this frugal side dish!

5 comments:

Betsy said...

Yum! Looks good. :) I have also done that with zucchini to make zucchini fries.

Lura said...

Yum! I want to try this with Crazy Salt.

Anonymous said...

We make these too with Lawry's season salt on them. I broil them for a couple minutes on each side right at the end to get them crispy and golden.

Taya @ Delightful! said...

oohh, these look really tasty! I'm definitly going to be trying these! Also, thanks for stopping by my blog!

Paul & Angela Jenkins said...

Sometime we vary it with using Italian dressing instead of oil and another version is toss the cooked fries in parmesan cheese once they are done. Yummy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin