- Choose flowers that last a long time such as Carnations, Chrysanthemums (daises), Orchids and Alstroemeria.
- Change the water often! (Dirty water makes they stems rot and will make everything stink too! Its yucky!)
- Make sure to cut the stems when you change the water.
- Pull out the dead flowers and make a smaller arrangement with the ones that still look okay.
- When you have only a few blooms try floating them in water for a very pretty look.
- Make sure there are no leaves in the water as they rot quickly too.
By following those tips I can usually keep flowers around for a couple of weeks. After wards you can always try drying them too.
For more Frugal tips visit Biblical Womanhood.