Crystal at Biblical Womanhood wrote about Frugal Networking today and wondered if we did that as well. I do and thought it would be fun to think of and share some of the ways that Frugal networking has been beneficial for us.
- We give and receive hand-me-down clothes. This helps our clothing expenses out immensely! This networking happens with family, church family, friends and those in our homeschool group.
- We share berry (mushroom, etc.) picking spots and when they are ripe.
- Years ago friends clued us in on a place we could glean potatoes. We now go every year and get enough for the year (Free!) and we have been spreading the word along to others.
- A friend and I enjoy comparing notes on bargains found and also blogs that have helped us in our frugal journeys.
- Mom and I alert each other to sales we know the other wouldn't want to miss. Another lady at church also makes sure we know about really good sales.
- I have lots of frugal friends (including sisters and such) whom I enjoy visiting with, sharing ideas and learning from each other about how to make our money stretch farther.
- Just this week a friend at church gave us some homeschooling stuff that she no longer used and it just so happened we had also discussed a sewing project she was working on and I was able to share with her something that she needed for the project.
- Another friend at church when shopping with me once and found out I liked coupons, since then she has been clipping out lots of coupons for me. We have her over fairly regularly and often send home food with her.
- We have family and friends that are very sharing with their garden produce (as we also try to be, when we have abundance). Case in point: today I have have spent hours working up a bunch of squash from my parents that I am putting in the freezer.
- I have a friend who loves to garage sale and will tell me about a sale that she thinks I might want something from and that has good deals.
That is just a drop in the bucket of the many ways I have been blessed through frugal giving friends.