Sunday, April 22, 2012

Help for the time those anxious thoughts seem to multiply

I have been reading from the book of Psalms lately in my morning devotions. A day or so ago I was reading the 94th chapter and I really enjoyed these verses:

  "If I should say, "My foot has slipped," Your loving kindness, O Lord, will hold me up.
When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul." Psalm 94:18 & 19

Don't you just love how poetic those words are?

More than that- don't you love how true they are and the comfort they give?!

We do have times that we slip in life (figuratively and literally) and how comforting it is to have a God that helps us in those situations.

And who hasn't had times when anxious thoughts just seem to multiply? I know that I have. Thanks be to God for the help He gives in those situations!

1 comment:

Abigail Jasmine said...

Amen!

Thank you for this!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin