- Cleaning up a mess. Such as a dirty diaper, a stack of dirty dishes or a yucky toilet.
- Wearing something out - all the way out. I love thoroughly wearing my clothes and shoes out. I hate throughing something away until it is completely no good anymore.
- Creating order from chaos. Organizing something is very satisfying for me.
- Weeding a section in the garden.
- Using something up. I love it when I can figure out how to use up odd leftovers or tiny scraps of cloth or paper so that nothing goes to waste.
- Studying and gaining insight from the Bible.
- A day well spent. One that might be full of mundane activities but if I work hard, having a good attitude and get to spend loving time with my family, that is very satisfying to me.
- And most of all having the Holy Spirit in my life and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The song "Who can satisfy my soul like You?" by Dennis L. Jernigan describes my feelings very well. Psalm 107:8 & 9 says "Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things."
Happy Valentines day to all of you! I hope you get to spend time with those you love. Also I hope you know the love of the One who loves you more than anyone else ever has or will. Jesus loved you so much that He died for you and He wants to be your Savior and Friend.