Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Ribbon Shelf

This a project we actually did a while ago but it has been very useful to me ever since. I have a large collection of ribbon because of my bridal floral business and they had been quite a mess.


We had a bunch of wood scraps left from putting tongue and groove in our downstairs and so I decided I would make ribbon shelves out of them. I measured and Ken cut the pieces for me (cutting wood is not my specialty) and then the kids and I had fun putting them together using both nails and wood glue.

Ken and I had already varnished the wood and so everything looked finished except the new places he had cut. I used sanded and used scratch cover on the rough edges which made it look much better.


I then nailed a piece of lacy elastic across the front to hold the ribbon in. Ken put them and the wall for me in my office. I really like my new space! (Though at this point I could really use another one!)

I think crafting supplies are some of the hardest things to keep nicely organized so I was quite happy that this worked and that we were able to do it using stuff that we had on hand.

Do you have an tips or ideas for organizing crafting stuff? What is your method?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! What a smart idea. I love seeing what people come up with for organizing. That is so much better than my plastic container with ribbons rolling around in it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin