Sunday, March 15, 2009

Speaks-to-me-Sunday

This verse has been running through my head a lot lately and then this weekend at the Winter Retreat Jason used it his sermon as well. It is:

James 1:22
"Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."

This always reminds me that I need to stay in God's word, learning, seeking... but it can't stop there. I need to do what it says. Even when the truth might not be what I wanted to hear, maybe not what I grew up thinking, no matter what, if God says it, then it is true and I need to follow it.




My picture for today is a mud puddle! Yea! It was in the 50s today and so wonderfully beautiful. All that snow we got last week (plus our accumulation from the winter) is working to melt away. The kids were terribly excited and got nice and wet (and dirty!) playing outside. We enjoyed the snow last week but we are also enjoying the warmth now! God is so good to us!

3 comments:

Happy Hermit (happilyhiddenhermit@gmail.com) said...

Thank you for taking the time to share.

All in a Day said...

I thought it was so cute that your kids were playing in the mud puddles--mine would have been had we not had to leave. :)

Abbi said...

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to comment!

Shelly, I am sure our kids would have had fun splashing together! On Sunday night Jonathan fell in one and ended up being rather chilly for supper!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin