Sunday, January 20, 2008

The last few days have been rather busy. This afternoon I had a booth at a local Bridal show, so I have been busy preparing for that. I am tired tonight from some late nights and lots of full days (And no nap today~ that is the hard one for me!! :-), but I thought I would share some of my pictures.
Here are some of the nearly 300 brochures that I had to fold to be ready for the show.
Here are some of the flowers ready to be used.
Here are a couple of ring pillows that I made to sell. I made 10 in all. I had fun making each one original.

Here is my sweetie modeling a head wreath.

Here is the ice sculpture and some flowers that I had at the show. Ice sculptures are nice to display because they attract quite a bit of attention. Many people like to stop and touch it and check if it is really ice.
A bright basket for a flower girl.
I had fun adding peacock feathers to this one. The green Kermit flowers look a little funny colored in this picture.
A cascade bouquet.I love these flowers.

I just thought I would share about my afternoon (This morning and evening I enjoyed some wonderful times at church , thought I had to skip out on about 10 minutes this morning.) How was your day?

8 comments:

Polly Blanshan said...

They're all beautiful, but the cascade bouquet is gorgeous!

All in a Day said...

Very pretty! I had to laugh at the way people touch the ice sculpture because it sounds like something I would do. Do you have a template for your brochures and then print them off your computer or do you change them each time?

Abbi said...

Thank you!
Ken designed the brochures last time but made a few changes before we printed more out for this year.

Betsy said...

How did you do at the show? Did you get lots of interest and sell lots of ring pillows?

Abbi said...

There was a lot of interest. I have quite a few signed up to have me contact them for a consultation and then others said they would contact me. I handed out brochures to around 100 brides.
I didn't sell many ring pillows though. I kind of don't think that things sell very well at shows. I guess people aren't really coming to shop they are coming to get ideas.
I wanted to have some pillows on hand for inventory anyway so it is all right.

Emily said...

I like the pillows! (And thanks for the pretty flower!) :)

Martha said...

they do look nice! I'm glad things went well. your model for the wreath is a sweet one! love you guys!

Carrie said...

I don't know which ones are the kermit flowers, but I think the arrangement looks fabulous- as do all the rest!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin