Saturday, January 12, 2008

Treasure in Isaiah


I have been reading through the book of Isaiah for a little while now in the mornings. I have to admit that I often find it a little hard to understand but I am hoping that the more I get familiar with it the better I will understand it. There also are many neat verses in it that I do gain a lot from right now. I "found" one such verse this morning and I want to share it with you.


"The Lord is exalted, for he dwells on high; He will fill Zion with justice and righteousness.

He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure." Isaiah 33:5 & 6


Oh how thankful I am to have an awesome and mighty God as my sure foundation. He doesn't ever waver or move. No matter when we live or where we go or whatever happens, He is steady and sure.


Our God has a rich store of Salvation. He can save every single person that ever lives. There is no lack and He is never to weak or unable. He also is full of wisdom. Isn't it just awesome that no matter what questions we ask He always knows the answer? The things that are incredibly complex to us are incredibly simple to Him. He has the knowledge of everything that has ever happened and everything that ever will and He knows how we should live.


This treasure is something that He is willing to share with us as well -BUT- there is a key, we need to fear Him. To fear Him means that we respect Him, listen to Him and obey what He says. He is God, we are not. We need to fear Him as God and then love Him with all our hearts. He has a great treasure that He wants to share with us!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin