This book points out the need for lowering stress. They point out the helpfulness of meditation. Funny but the Bible also talks about meditating. God has many answers for lowering stress in our lives. I know for me that have a daily prayer time helps immensely!
They also speak a lot about your diet. Whole foods help keep our blood sugar in line. Plenty of protein is also helpful. White flour and white sugar are not helpful! They include menu ideas and recipes.
They also speak a lot about the need to be active! Walking is very recommended. It made me realize how important that it is for me to keep me resolution to get outside and be active regularly. They also included this fun list that reminds us that any moving helps us out.
- Chew sugarless gum for an hour and burn 11 calories.
- Play tag and in 5-6 minutes you will burn 40 calories.
- Take a flight of stairs and burn 16 calories.
- Sing! Belting out a song will burn about 20 calories. Tomorrow night at church we are having a singspiration. We will be singing for over an hour. I am not afraid to "belt it out", I bet I will lose a bunch of calories!!
- Play action games with your kids for 10 minutes and lose 80-137 calories.
- Move furniture and burn 100 calories in 15 minutes.
- Play an instrument for an hour and burn 150 calories or more!
- Clean the house for 25-35 minutes and burn 100 calories.
This is based on if you weigh 150 pounds. (If you weigh more you are actually burning more, if you weigh less unfortunately it is less.)
We also need to make sure we have plenty of rest. If we don't get enough sleep then our body cannot work as well as it should.
Anyway if you want to read a motivating book I would recommend this one!