Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Some fun Home school co-op classes

We have had some fun co-op classes lately. This afternoon I taught one here at our house on flower arranging. Each student was able to make their own small arrangement. They did a very good job and we all had a lot of fun. I also showed them how to make a florist bow.
Here they are hard at work!
Last week we got to go to the home of another family and attend a class about our body. The mother who was teaching that class had poster board for each child to have their body traced on. Then she had many of the organs and some muscles and bones copied from a neat book on the body. The kids all colored the different parts and then glued them in their body. While they were coloring the parts she talked about what that part was for and how it worked. Very fun stuff!!
Jonathan is getting some help from a friend. These boys were the speediest of the bunch but did a very good job.
Aaron is working on his body.

These classes are fun because we get to learn but it is also fun because the kids get to enjoy being with other kids and the mom's also get to have fun visiting. Both of these classes were fairly small in size, which is nice because there is more learning and less chaos.

Have any of you been involved in home school co-op classes? What have you enjoyed doing? Or maybe you have a wonderful idea for me to use next year. I hearing your thoughts.

I do have one more co-op class to teach this year, it is on "Fun with music". I will be sure to report about it.

4 comments:

The Proverbs Wife said...

I think that what you guys are doing is great. Thanks for sharing pictures.

I have never attended a co-op. Me and a friend did get together once to have a field trip. We took the children bowling for P.E.

Anonymous said...

What a fun looking class! My girls would enjoy a flower arranging class. Very nice.

Carrie said...

We have never done a co-op either, but my friend and I took the kids on a field trip to an apple orchard together and that was a blast. The kids loved picking out their own apples!

Carrie said...

We have never done a co-op either, but my friend and I took the kids on a field trip to an apple orchard together and that was a blast. The kids loved picking out their own apples!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin